Monday, October 1, 2012

Hair and Skin


Health is more than just eating right and exercising; one crucial element in health is looking healthy. Yes, exercise and eating well can improve one’s outward appearance, but there are also further measures one can take to better their healthy appearance.  These measures include healthy skin and hair; today I will be sharing some tips for healthy hair and skin.
Honey, eggs, and lemon juice are great natural ways to give hair a shiny glow, while strengthening strands, and thickening hair. Eggs are put into many pet foods in order to improve their coats; eggs can also do the same thing for human hair. Eggs soften and add shine to hair. Lemon juice, when rubbed on the scalp, helps improve circulation and therefore thickens hair. Honey helps strengthen and soften hair; putting honey in someone’s hair may sound disastrous ,however,  when honey is put into boiling water it becomes less sticky and can easily be applied and removed from hair.

Strawberries, honey, oatmeal, avocado, cucumber, and peaches are all very common ingredients found in many face masks. The juice found in strawberries has been accredited with healing acne. Avocado and peaches are known for moistening skin while honey and oatmeal help even skin tone for a purer complexion. There are many ways to purify skin; the natural ways to purify skin, however, are the best.

I did not give specific recipes for skin masks or hair washes but I did mention some ingredients to look for when searching for a recipe. Recipes can easily be found on Google and in various magazines. Good luck bloggers.

4 comments:

  1. Seriously, I just learned so many new things! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard that coconut oil makes your hair shiny as well. I want to try a homemade face mask and see if it works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think that I could ever put eggs in my hair. It sounds discusting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how a lot of these ingredients are great for eating, too. Honey is becoming one of my favorite foods to put on peanut butter toast. :)

    ReplyDelete